Danser le Trésor
The choreographic initiation workshops orchestrated prior to the show Le Trésor aim to raise awareness among young people about contemporary dance and the process of choreographic creation. In addition to putting the children in contact with professional artists, the workshops offer a practical apprenticeship in teamwork and give young people the opportunity to exercise their critical and/or aesthetic sense.
Imagined in the form of a game integrating different activities, the workshop seeks to create parallels between play, song, music and choreography. Through movement, the participants have to experiment, to structure, to give rhythm to space and sounds. Bringing out songs. Images. A universe.
The workshop can be offered before a performance in theatres for school or family outings.
Duration of 60 minutes.
Danser Le Trésor en classe
PPS Danse offers a workshop inspired by the show Le Trésor. Adapted for classrooms (bubble classroom or gymnasium), the workshop is based on the elements of the show that become pretexts for play and dance. Olé !
Objectives of the workshop
By putting forward a direct approach, the workshop proposed in class places play and imagination at the center of the activity. Through songs or associations of ideas, the activity seeks to stimulate everyone’s work in a collaborative approach. In addition to an easy relationship with professional dancers (without physical contact), the workshop appeals to the creativity and critical sense of the young participants. Presented in the form of a game, it is done in modules that condense gestural and choreographic approaches. The workshop is preceded by a screening of a short excerpt from the show.
What some teachers said:
- “Dynamic, moving (treasure activity), diverse activities, clear instructions, freedom of movement”
- “Great! “
- “The children loved the activity, especially the robot part and also the moment at the end, when they talked about their treasures”
- “The students have a great sense of pride! “
- “I really liked it because we had not had any workshops like this. Thank you very much! “
- “Very good workshop for the 4 year old groups, the dancers were very responsive to the children. We really enjoyed the workshops! Thank you! “
- “My kindergarten students loved the Dancing the Treasure workshop offered at our school last November. The commitment asked of the children to look for or arrange movements and rhythms gave keys to a very simple choreography that came together during the workshop. A very nice activity! “
And before the first performances…
The creation of the show was made possible thanks to the support of Place des Arts de Montréal and its Foundation. PPS Danse would also like to thank Spectacles New Richmond and Spect’Art Rimouski for hosting creative residencies and cultural mediation activities.
With Le Trésor, it’s time for games, laughter and poetry!